This morning we were watching & singing along with our Praise Baby Collection DVD. Sydney LOVES to sing!! It is not uncommon for her to start singing along with us at church when we're at Reidland. She's been doing this since she was little, little!! It has always been cool to hear her singing along, even if we couldn't understand the words that she was saying. This morning, however, was quite different. We were sitting in the floor singing along to the DVD. At first, it was gibberish. Then she started singing along with How Great is Our God. She started saying God at the right moments. It was so cool to hear His name come from her lips...so cool that I began crying. I sat in the floor holding her sobbing like a little baby & thanking God for my little girl. I pray that His name is never far from her lips & that she will spend her life praising him as we did this morning!!
3 comments:
Now that is sweet!
wow. what a beautifully-worded thought that His name never be far from her lips . . . I pray that is always true!
What an awesome story!! I enjoy reading your blob. It really encourages me. I am really close with my sisters, but none of them are raising their kids in church. It is sometimes hard when we hang out. I won't let me kids listen or watch certain things and they don't understand why since they are so young.
I just bought the praise baby collection of the cd's too. We are going on a short road trip this weekend - to Austin. We have a collection of children's church songs (102 songs!!). I have heard you mention this several times and I think our whole family will enjoy listening as we drive. Michael was really excited. He loves praise songs and I think he was worried we were going to be listening to the other cd's for 4 hours. I am not sure he could handle that!!
Post a Comment