God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on the Little One

Yesterday Sydney had her 18 month check-up. She's 19 months old now, but because of vaccination timing, we had to wait. Anyway, she checked out great. She's a little above the 50th percentile for her height & a little below for her weight. The doctor said all is well & she is performing at the 21 month level! Whoohoo!!! Yesterday was a great day to celebrate the healthy little girl we have!

Today was a different kind of day. We woke up to a COLD house due to leaving windows open in Ryan and my room. While trying to get one of the windows down, I about broke my elbow. I pulled & pulled trying to get the window down. When it finally came down, my elbow crashed into our headboard. It hurt so bad I cried & felt like I was going to be sick. Luckily, I didn't break it & am much better now.

*This part is not for the weak stomach!*

Later in the day while Sydney was trying to nap, she started coughing & coughing. She coughed so hard that she threw up twice all over her bed, clothes, Tigger, pillows & self. I immediately rushed her to the bathtub & stripped her down (while getting sick myself). Normally, I'm ok while taking care of her. Today was a different story. Anyway, after getting her in the tub & water run, I ran the clothes to the washer so that we didn't have to smell them. When I got back to the bathroom, she had gone #2 in the tub! (You know, I didn't realize kids did that before I had Sydney...naive, I guess. 'Cause before they're potty trained, when they gotta go, they gotta go!) So, I got her out of the tub, to clean it. While standing by the tub, she pottied on our bathmat. At that point, I just started laughing. I wasn't going to catch a break & I could tell it. When I started laughing, she started laughing. It was a fun moment. Although, it wasn't much fun getting to that point, it will be a memory I will hold forever.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my dear, what a trying day! I'm amazed you pulled it off with a smile. May tomorrow be better!

Stephanie said...

oh, and a memory you should share with everyone she knows . . . once she is about 11 and can be thoroughly embarrassed by it!