God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Still going!

Monday I got all of our laundry done. It was so nice to have it all clean and put away. Yesterday Ryan got to work on the computer room. I feel confident that it will be spotless by the weekend! Progress, progress! Since I have started in getting control of our apartment, it has been quite uplifting & is keeping me going. I'm not sure what caused me to get in such a place where I didn't care, but I really didn't. The only time I cared what our place looked like was when people were coming over. Then I would work myself to death getting it presentable. Now it is nice actually living in a clean apartment!

As far as not having a washer and dryer goes, I cannot wait until we are able to have an apartment with one again. We actually own a washer and dryer, but this apartment does not have a hook-up. So, it is stored in Paducah at Mom & Dad's. Laundry is actually one of the house chores that I enjoy doing. I guess it is because I can watch TV or a movie while I do it. I don't have to give 100% of my time to it. Anyway, I can't wait!

Monday afternoon I got to go to a couple of scrapbooking places. I've been wanting to go for a couple of weeks, but haven't really been able to. Over Christmas I got several stickers & papers from my mom & mother-in-law. It was so fun getting all of it! I can't wait to actually be able to start using some of it. BUT I haven't been able to yet. AND I am out of storage space. So I went Monday looking for something else to help me store the paper and stickers. I found a couple of things!! One, I got another expandable folder to keep my paper. I put my solid paper in one and the printed paper in another. Then I put all of my stickers labeled in a smaller one. The thing I am most excited about is a tote. It is large enough to keep all paper, stickers, pens, scissors, etc of the current project that I am working on. Of course, I'm sure I'll have to go back to the others from time to time, but this will keep me from having to drag everything out when I want to work on it for just a little bit. Yay! Now that department is more organized, too. Man...I'm on a roll!!

I am determined for this year to be a better year. Usually I just say it, but this year I am determined! I want our home to be organized and nice...something I can be proud of. I want my weight & body to be something I am comfortable with & healthy. So, although at times I REALLY don't like working to get me to these places, I can't wait until December 2006 to be able to say that I did it! I have turned a corner & I am happy about my goals!

It seems like all of my friends are keeping their goals & are excited about 2006. I am so thankful for that. I really believe it is because of each other that we are able to do so well! I see Summer and her organized house and it inspires me. I see Crysty & how amazing she's looking on Weight Watchers & I am inspired to keep up my diet and exercise. I see Tricia and the amazing wife she is to be cooking & cleaning after a hard day at work and I am inspired to do the same. I see Maria and the thousands of things she accomplishes in a day & am inspired to do more with my down time. There are many others, but I have to be back at work in 2 mins. so I better quit. Thanks to each of you for keeping me inspired to keep my goals & go beyond them. I love each of you & am so thankful you are in my life.

Love to you all,
Lesli

1 comment:

summer said...

i'm so excited that you are feeling motivated and better about everything. i know how it feels to get in a slump and not be able to get out of it. it is the most incredible feeling to feel motivated and productive and proud of yourself, so lesli, thank you for inspiring me. i know that you will be saying, yay, i did it in december!
love you,
summer