God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

We're back

We got back in Dallas a little after 6 last night. It turned out to be a long drive and we were happy to finally be home to rest a little before heading to bed & work today.

We had a WONDERFUL visit with all of our family while we were in Paducah. We really miss them all & it was much needed time together. Our Christmas and New Year were great. We couldn't have asked for better!

So, now the holidays are over and new year's resolutions begin. Our resolution together is to get into better shape. We've slacked over the last year & hope to make this resolution stick. I heard today someone say that they hope to make a new year's resolution a daily resolution. I think that's where I go wrong. I think of what I'm going to do this year, but forget it starts with today! Tomorrow turns into the next day which turns in the next day. Hopefully this year will be different. The weather here is crazy! It is supposed to get up to 76! We were planning on going to the gym tonight, but with weather like this we may just have to walk outside. I have to admit. My favorite temperature is somewhere around the upper 70s to mid 80s. BUT in January?! It has this Kentucky girl a little annoyed. To not let it get the best of me, I will make lemonade out of lemons and excercise outside.

It may sound silly to complain about it being so warm, but I LOVE the snow. Before we moved to Texas I told Ryan that we could move anywhere he wanted as long as I would get snow in the winter. And...he picked one of the places that rarely to never sees snow. : ( We get ice if we get anything. Oh well. I'll quit complaining now.

My other resolutions are:

1) Get home more (KY)
2) Be better about how the house is kept. (I'm not the greatest at keeping an ultra clean house!)
3) Shop less!! That is probably my hardest thing! I LOVE to shop!!
4) Be a better wife to my husband. He is more than I deserve & sometimes I forget that. Sorry baby! This one isn't just a new year's resolution, but a lifetime resolution!

Those are only 4 of a list that I could go on about. But those are probably the 4 I need to concentrate on the most.

I've learned that there are some new bloggers from my home congregation!! I'm excited to see that and to be able to keep up better with their lives. I miss you all & hope this will help us keep in contact.

Love to you all & good luck with those resolutions!
Lesli

2 comments:

summer said...

so glad to have you home. being with family feels good. it also feels good to come home. good luck with your resolutions. maybe we can hold one another accountable in a few areas. love ya, summer

tlnagel said...

It is great to read your blogs and keep up with your life. I have missed you.Lynn