God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

Trip to OK

Well, our weekend trip to OK was ok. Ha! It really was just ok. Ryan ended up getting sick Friday night. He was in bed by 7:30!! So, I watched "Dancing with the Stars" and whatever else I could find to watch. Saturday he put on his game face and we toured the Oklahoma City Memorial & went to Bricktown. By that night he was tuckered out & we ordered Olive Garden and watched "Oceans Twelve" on HBO. Sunday we checked out and headed home. By the time we got home he was sick as a dog & had 102 temp!! So, although it was great to see a new place, I wish he would have been feeling better.

I know he thinks I'm horrible because since we've been home I've been keeping my distance from him, but I'm trying my hardest not to get sick. My mother proved to me as we grew up that keeping distance from sick family members really does help! Although I didn't quarantine him as she did us, I have been keeping a "safe" distance.



On a better note, we picked up Sam from the vet today. He has a clean bill of health! His back has healed and he is back to his old self. Thank goodness!! He really is my baby! I don't know what he's going to do when a baby does come into the picture! He will definitely have his world rocked. Thank goodness for him it will still be a while. So, for now he's still my baby & a cute one at that!!

I hope your weekends & beginning of the week has gone better than ours!!

Lesli

P.S. Oh, my dad is also sick...sinus infection. He got meds today to take. Please pray that he is much better before getting on the plane on Wednesday!! Thanks!

1 comment:

summer said...

i'm sorry your trip was only so, so. it is not fun to be sick anywhere, but especially when you are away from the comforts of your own home and bed. i hope you don't get sick. i'm so happy to hear sam is healed up. he is such a lucky dog to have you and ryan as parents!!! i hope your dad is better soon. that would be a rough way to stat a trip into a mission field. love you all, keep us posted on everyone's health.
summer