God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Great weekend

For those of you who have not been reading my blog long, Ryan and I celebrated our 4th anniversary in September. We tried to decide what to do for our anniversary...purchase bedroom furniture or take a mini-vacation. We compromised and bought part of our furniture and took a mini, mini-vacation! We had a wonderful anniversary, but did have an unfinished bedroom. We bought the nightstands, & two dressers, but no bed. So...Friday night on the way home from Bret & Summer's (thanks again Summer for inviting us and all you girls for a WONDERFUL meal!!) we were talking about what we wanted to do on Saturday. Ryan suggested that we use our Christmas money to get our bed! (Ryan says that's what Christmas money is good for...buying us new furniture! He's SO right. Two years ago we used Christmas money to buy our mattresses.) So, we went to IKEA on Saturday evening to make sure they still had it & asked our good friend John to use him & his Suburban to get the bed home today. (Thanks John!) So, it is now sitting in my living room floor in boxes waiting to be put together. Ryan promised that after he finishes his paper we will put it together. I can't wait!!

I'm taking tomorrow off. Ryan hoped to be off too, but wasn't able to get the day. Although it would be nice to have him home, it will give me some time to really focus on the apartment (start in on that resolution I made 7 days ago! ;) Hopefully with a whole day at home uninterrupted I can get this place squeaky clean!

On a more serious note, tomorrow afternoon we are planning to meet a friend in Arlington for dinner. His name is Mark Cashion. He and Ryan were in Kuwait together. They got to be really good friends while there. Mark is leaving Tuesday to go back active duty. He has volunteered for a special mission in Afghanistan. While I completely admire his dedication to our country, I am saddened to hear that he will have to be away from his family for a year and a half. Please pray for him and his family. Pray that God will keep him strong & safe. Also pray that Maria, his wife, will stay strong while holding the family together and keeping them going for the year and a half while he's gone. I know you were faithful to pray for Ryan's safety while he was gone. Many, many thanks to you for your prayers. I ask the same of you for Mark.

Thanks for being friends and family who can hear our prayer requests and take them to heart!!

Love you all,
Lesli

3 comments:

summer said...

i can't wait to see your bed!!!! i know you must get a knot in your stomach just thinking about someone going into active duty!!! we will be praying for his family.
summer

janjanmom said...

I will be praying for him!!

I wish I could take a day to clean...I'd probably take a little break somewhere along the day and lose my momentum...that is my typical story. ENJOY AND ACCOMPLISH MY FRIEND!!

Lesli said...

Thanks to both of you!

And Janice, I've obviously lost steam since I'm on here! Got to pick it back up and get back to it!