Thursday, January 05, 2006
Getting back in the swing of things
I have to admit, I was not looking forward to coming back to Texas. It was SO nice being with family that neither of us wanted to leave, but that's life. Just like when you dread coming home from a vacation, you still have to. So we tried to head back to our daily lives with optimism. However, it has taken us so much longer getting adjusted back into our daily routine. We have been CRASHING at night! I took the tree down a few nights ago, but that's as far as I've gotten on the house. So...one of my resolutions is obviously struggling. ;) We were so fortunate during our time in KY to be able to relax and not load our days with tons of things to do. Being back to lives that are packed each day, it takes more energy than I realized. So why am I writing all of this?! It dawned on me today that we are crashing at night exhausted & don't even have kids. I guess you can say my eyes were opened a little. I guess I'll find out one day, but I really don't know how people with kids just keep going without falling over with exhaustion. So...kudos to friends of mine who have kids!! You impress me each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
god gives you the tools you need for what he has called you to do. i won't say you aren't exhausted at times, because you are. God will provide for you what you need to do it. if it were too easy then he wouldn't get the credit. at leats that's all i can figure on how. love ya, you'll be fine, don't start trying to talk yourself out of anything, i know you!!!!!!!
summer
i'm not trying to talk myself into or out of anything. just thinkin' out loud. thanks for the advice though! ;) Love ya!
Lesli
Post a Comment