God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, January 23, 2006

Refreshed

This weekend was a great weekend for housecleaning! Ryan was in Fort Worth with the Reserves, so I took the opportunity to clean. I use to do that each drill weekend. At least once a month our place got a deep cleaning. But, I have gotten out of the habit of cleaning during those weekends. The weekend was used for shopping, getting my hair done, or anything else but cleaning. So, this weekend I did it. I didn't get the whole place clean, but I got enough to give me that jump start to keep it that way. I redecorated and reorganized cabinets. By the end, it felt like one clean place to live in...well, all of it but the computer room. That's Ryan's department. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind cleaning it. Matter of fact, I enjoy organizing our files and getting it all like I like it. That is the problem. It ends up being like I like it, and not how Ryan wants it. I have to admit, I was quite annoyed when Ryan came home from Kuwait and told me that he didn't like how I had organized our files. I thought it was pretty clever, but he didn't agree. I could have choked him at the moment because it took me FOREVER to get it that way! Oh well. We all have our preferences. So, the computer room is just screaming for him to work in it and get it exactly how he wants it.

It feels so good to have the apartment clutter free!! I'm excited. Can you tell?! Hopefully this will be just what I need to keep it this way. Then I will at least be keeping that resolution.

As far as the rest of my resolutions go, I'm doing ok with them. I have been doing a little better with the fitness portion of my life. I can't say that I'm working out 5 days a week, but baby steps. I'm working out at least 2 days a week. I would LOVE to be working out more, but I keep letting my life get in the way. Although, I have to cut myself a little slack. I was sick last week. So, this week is a new week. I have the apartment clean and laundry is going now. So, I have no excuse for not working out tonight.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and advice. I can't wait to start using those recipes and visiting that website! Hope you all have a GREAT week!!

2 comments:

summer said...

well, i thought your house was beautiful yesterday! very clean and clutter free. i know it feels good to get some of that done!
summer

Lesli said...

Yes it does!! And...Ryan started on the computer room!!! Yay!!! :) Hopefully that will be finished tonight. I'm planning on helping a little this afternoon.

I so enjoyed our time yesterday!! Thanks for coming over.

Love ya!
Lesli