God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cleaning House

As I mentioned the other day, my parents are coming to town this weekend. I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday. She told me that they will actually be coming in a day early because they are driving straight through instead of spending the night on the way. Whoohoo! She asked if that was ok with us. Did we have any plans? I told her we would most likely be cleaning! ;) She told me not to worry about it. That we don't have to clean just because they are coming. Now, this is all coming from a lady who cleans no matter who is coming over (sorry Mom). That made me ponder a question. Why do we tell people not to worry about cleaning yet we would be cleaning our house if they were coming over? Do we really mean it when we tell them not to worry about it? Or do we just say that to be nice? I started thinking about the different times that I've said it & I really honestly think I meant it when I said "Don't worry about cleaning your house. We don't mind." So, why do I slave so hard over my own house when those same people come over? Maybe it's because I'm a people pleaser and don't want people to be disappointed in me. Maybe it's because most people haven't seen my house and I want the first impression to be a good one. Who knows! Maybe it's neither of those and I'm just nuts! Anyway, we have the apartment in decent order, so hopefully after tonight it will be as close to perfect as we can get it. Either way, they're coming & I will be ready to see them. If any of you have any idea why we act this way, I would love to hear your theories. Honestly, I just think we're crazy to stress over having people over! But, I'll probably still do it!

Until next time...

Lesli

No comments: