God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, June 06, 2005

Almost had a new addition to the family!

On Saturday, Ryan and I decided to take a trip to Canton, TX. On the first weekend before the first Monday of the month, the city has a big flea market...and I mean BIG! We've lived here for over 2 years now and we've never been. So, Saturday (when the high is in the low-mid 90s) we decided to head out. Now, knowing me we slept in and didn't get there until 1pm. Naturally, we were there during the hottest part of the day. We had fun, though! We were sweating like crazy, but it was still fun. Now, at this flea market they have junk, crafts, furniture, and animals. Can you guess what section we stayed in the most? Of course, we were in the animal section for nearly an hour and a half! They had puppies galore! We saw the most adorable dachshunds and shih tzus!! There was one dachshund that I really thought was cute. She was a piebald mini dachshund. Man, was she cute?! Ryan fell in love with a little shih tzu! As soon as he started petting him, he rolled over and wanted his belly rubbed. I think it was love at first sight for Ryan. If I really wanted a puppy that day, I don't think it would have been hard to talk him into buying one. But with a puppy comes training, more food (different than our adult dog), vet visits, and then trying to put a spoiled adult dog with the new puppy. That's a lot more work than we currently have! Right now we have one 6 year old dashchund, Sam. He is fairly trained & loves every ounce of attention he can get. He travels well, so the trips to Paducah aren't any harder with him than without. So, I really can't believe that I'm the one saying that we don't really need another dog. I really would have thought it would be the other way around.

I think Ryan just really misses our other (adopted) dog. His name is Einstein, & he's a shih tzu. Now you understand why Ryan fell in love with the shih tzu puppy. Anyway, Einstein was my mom's dog when I was in high school. I got Sam in college and the two really became close, or so we thought. So, when I moved out, I took Sam & Einstein. When we moved to Texas, Einstein came with us. But, while Ryan was gone, Einstein really became a different dog. He was not as happy. It really was hard for me to take care of both of them by myself, so my mom suggested that I leave him in Paducah when I went home for Christmas. So, tearfully, I did. It was hard leaving him, but hearing he was doing so much better made it worth the hurt. Well, all of that happened while Ryan was in Kuwait. He left with 2 dogs and came home to 1. I could tell he really missed him when he came home, but it was so obvious on Saturday. Who knows, one day we may end up with a little Einstein to fill his heart!

Love you all,
Lesli

No comments: