After a full week of visits with family, we are heading back to E-town today. I have really enjoyed our visits!! We have packed each day full of things to do & wonderful friends and family to see. Today has been my first day to catch up and do laundry. Feels weird for a stay-at-home-mom! It has been such a refreshing time with family.
Yesterday I got more of my shopping done with my grandmother. We got all of her shopping done except for 2 people!! She knows what she's getting them. So, all she has to do is go get it. How awesome would that be? It's not even December yet!! Mine is coming along, but not quite as well as hers.
I think I've decided to put up our Christmas tree. I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to do it. Little hands will be all over it & will make things much more complicated on my day-to-day chores. But I have seen her face light up at the stores when she looks at their tree. I LOVE Christmas trees, so I guess I'll give in & put it up. I am compromising though, I'm going to put the tree up with the lights & garland but no ornaments. I don't think she could handle staying away from all the pretty ornaments. Next year we'll have a whole tree...maybe.
Ryan has been in Memphis the past few days & I have missed him like crazy!! We've obviously done much longer separations before, but I still miss him...whether 2 days or 9 months with out him, I'm still sad. So, I'll be happy to have us all together again!
2 comments:
This reminds me of a Kevin story I think I'll blog about!
When JM was a baby, I think we had a tabletop tree for the same reasons... that's the benefit of being the first child :-). For all the other babies, the "good" ornaments were hung as high as possible, and we just hoped for the best! But I've also seen moms put trees inside those circular baby gates and even inside a playpen... how funny is that? :-)
Post a Comment