It is raining outside. That combined with the forecast over the next few days has me very anxious. I have been looking forward to a REAL fall & winter (meaning it actually gets down to the temperature it's supposed to during these months). Now that I am getting the REAL fall & winter, I'm not sure I'm happy about it!! :-/ We have been quite spoiled over the last 4 years in TX. Sure, we had cold days but we didn't have 4 months of cold weather. For instance, we wore short sleeves & even shorts sometimes during Thanksgiving. And I typically put up the Christmas tree in a t-shirt & jeans. This year will be much different. I'm happy about that. I can't wait to see pics of my little one playing in the snow with her daddy. I guess it is just the realization that I am getting a cold winter. Even if it's not that cold to others, it will be to us. I do have to say, though, I'm happy to be acclimating back to Kentucky weather. That means I'm back home.
It has taken a while (8 months to be exact) for Elizabethtown to feel like home. It is starting to. I think it is because we are meeting more people in church. The people we have met have really made us feel at home. I'm very thankful. Although it has been a HUGE adjustment, I am at peace & happy with where we're at...just in case you were wondering. ;-)
Well, the little one seems to be feeling better. She's still not well & able to socialize with others, but she seems to be drying up. As for Ryan and me, we're doing much better. We enjoyed our lazy weekend. Ryan was the only one that left all weekend. He ran to the grocery to get a few needed items. It was very nice for us to have a lazy weekend together. Even though none of us felt great, I think we were able to enjoy it a little anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment