Our weekend started out on a GREAT note. We found an apartment!!! I am so excited & relieved! It is a 2 br/1 bath apartment with a sunroom. The closets are HUGE & the rent is only $31 more than we pay now. Plus, the complex has 6 pools & a fitness center! It should only take me 25 minutes or so to get to work & there's no difference for Ryan. I am so, so happy to have this behind us. Wanna know the best part?! We have hook-ups for our washer & dryer!! Now I can do laundry without having to leave the apartment. Now to figure out how to get the washer and dryer to Texas...hmmm...not sure how that one's going to happen. Too bad we don't have the "beam me up Scotty" working yet! ;-) My dad is driving our car here, so he can't bring it. I'm not sure how we will get it here, but hopefully it will work out close to the time we move in so that we don't have to go to the laundry mat! Anyway, washer/dryer complications aside we are ready to move in!!
Saturday we went to the Dallas Arboretum with the Morris & Kimberlin families. It was a lot of fun. The Parkers were supposed to go with us, but Tricia decided to get food poisoning! Just kidding! Tricia we are glad you're feeling better & wish you all could have joined us! The day was BEAUTIFUL!!! It was the perfect day to be outdoors.
From the Arboretum we headed to run errands. After we were finished I talked Ryan into going to IKEA. I think we set a record for the fastest time in and out! We went in to look for a few specific things. When we were finished looking at them, we left. I contribute my pregnancy to that! I'm sure Ryan wishes it was always that way. Being tired all of the time, I had NO desire to walk the whole store & showroom! We did get some ideas for the new apartment.
Yesterday's worship was great. After church we went to Bret & Summer's for some delicious food!! Man can Summer cook!! It was delicious. After we ate, we all just sat around and talked. Then the girls got the idea to do this quarter test on me to see if I'm having a boy or girl. Summer has had it done on her & it has turned out the same every time by different people's hand. So, the result...a girl. We'll have to wait a few months to see if it is correct. I am very interested to see if this thing works. Don't worry...we'll let you know as soon as we find out.
I hope you all had a great Easter!! Enjoy the pics below.
1 comment:
yay, an apartment, fun with friends (us of course!!!) and celebration of the resurrection all topped off by finding out you are having a girl! good weekend!
love you,
summer
Post a Comment