God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Week of relaxation

This week has been great! I have to say that besides seeing my husband & dog, I don't have much of a desire to go back. I know that sounds harsh, but I really have enjoyed my time here. My mom and I have gone and done as we pleased. (They took the news GREAT by the way. Laura, I promise I will call!) We have shopped for maternity clothes, ate out, slept in, took naps, watched Days, and just had a great time together. It has been the perfect week. Of course, that's what vacations are. You never really want to return to your daily life. But, this time I have realized just how much I really miss Paducah. I love the aspect of the DFW area & having tons to do, but not having family around just doesn't compare. Oh well...that's a topic for another day.

My dad was so excited to find out the news that I am pregnant that he posted signs on EVERY entrance to the church Sunday morning saying, "I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDFATHER!--Glen A." You could tell he was happy. It was cute to see!! Plus, it was the perfect way for Ryan and me to get out the news. I can't say why exactly, but I have a hard time telling people. I know it's strange...so am I! Anyway, we had a great time that morning visiting with so many. That church will always be my family. I grew up there and have many 2nd moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and cousins! I really feel like they are family even though we aren't related. I guess it will always be that way. It is hard to be away from them. One day... :)

We bought a new car yesterday. Well...new to us. My parents got a new Impala & we bought theirs. I have been fretting over what kind of car we were going to get & not spending a lot of money. Ryan and I really don't believe in spending a lot of money in a car. It just gets too materialistic too fast if you're not careful! So, we bought my parents car. It is a 2002 Impala with 45,000 miles. I think we did pretty good! Plus, it has a sunroof in it! I told Ryan that I wanted our next car to have a sunroof. I didn't really think I would get my wish, but I did!! Whoohoo! Now we have a reliable car. We just have to find a new place to live & we'll be all set for the baby's arrival. Ready? No probably not. I don't think we'll ever be prepared, but at least he/she will have a roof over his/her head. One issue down, one to go.

I hope you all have had a great week. To those in Dallas, I have missed you and can't wait to see you. Hope all has gone well.

Love to you all,
Lesli

No comments: