God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ode to Hubby

Last night after waking up to hear my husband having troubles getting Sydney back to sleep & me taking over, I wrote this blog in my head. 

My husband is an awesome man! He works full-time, goes to school full-time, is with the Navy Reserves one weekend a month, and is an AWESOME husband and father! I don't always give him the recognition that he deserves, but I think the world of him. His day normally looks like this: get up by 5:30 & out the door by 6-6:30, home by 4:30-5, say hi to Sydney and me, walk Sam (now with the back yard he can scratch that one off his list), start working on school, eat dinner while working on school, stop to play in the floor with Sydney when she is wanting only him, finish working on school for the evening, & head to bed by 10pm. That is one FULL day! If it was only one day, it wouldn't be as remarkable. He does it 5 days a week, at least. Plus, he is always willing to help me with Sydney at night if I need it. (Last night, I was sick. I definitely needed the help.) On the weekends, he's as much ours as he can be but also has to work on school. In his spare time (aka right before bed) he helps me with my little things I can't do alone. Like last night, he helped me hang things on the walls. I did as much as I could, but some of it was a two person  job. Oh, did I mention that he makes A's & B's in school & HATES it when he doesn't get an A? The fact that he is able to be everything to everyone & NEVER complain is way more than most people. He never asks for recognition & honestly thinks that what he's doing isn't a big deal. I wish he knew how many men out there can't even do one of those things well! He is absolutely amazing & I adore him! 

Thank you, Ryan, for being such an amazing man. Our daughter is so lucky to have you as her father. You are a wonderful provider in so many ways. We never go without & you are always available despite your hectic schedule. I don't say it enough, but I think you are the only person on this planet that can balance the things you do as well as you do! I am one lucky gal!! I love you!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are a lucky girl, and I dare say there aren't many out there like Ryan. Glad you guys are moved in, and hope this works until you REALLY move "home"!

janjanmom said...

Quit yer braggin!!

Such a sweet post, make sure he reads it! All our fellas really need from us is our undying love and devotion and they will jump through the toughest of hoops. Having a good hubby is usually(though not always) the by-product of being a good, nurturing, and supportive(even bragging!)wife.