Easter was a ton of fun this year! I wasn't sure that Sydney would get the concept of hunting Easter Eggs, but she did...sort of. When we clean up, I tell her to get one thing and put it in whatever it goes in. When she does that, she will put the toy in it's place and say, "Good girl". So, when she would pick up an egg & put it in the basket, she would say, "Good girl." It was quite cute, if you ask me! Then I started saying, "YAY!" When she would put one in the basket. She quickly changed from "good girl" to "yay!" That was cute, too. After she got all we would let her get, she decided it was time to hide them again & started taking them out of the basket and putting them back where she found them. Funny!
After the Easter Egg Hunt, Nathan, my Mom, and me went out to the mall to hit the sales. I can't say that it was the highlight of the weekend for Nathan, but I had a ton of fun. It's not often that the three of us get to hang out, so it was nice being together. Plus, I was at a mall with others & no stroller! :o)
Saturday night we celebrated Nathan and my birthdays which occur next week. We had our favorite...lasagna! This year it was extra special because it was made by my dad! He doesn't cook things like that normally. My mom is usually the cook. Since Mom had a full day, he stepped up and made our dinner. It was delicious! Good work, Dad!
Sunday was great having our immediate family together. I love worshipping at Reidland, but it is extra special when all of us are together. That afternoon, we had another great meal at the Anderson home. The Williams came over to help us eat it all. It was a great time & we were all well fed.
The weekend was almost perfect! Ryan's mom has been struggling with a really bad sinus infection lately & wasn't up for visitors. We were sad that we missed seeing them & hope that she gets better soon!!
To see more Easter pics, you can go to our website.
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter & remember the meaning of that special day!
1 comment:
What a beautiful family - especially the girls! There must be some maternal influence in the looks department!!
Mom
Post a Comment