God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I am feeling so much better!! Although we're still not 100% sure what all was going on, it looks to be heading out. Thank goodness! Besides the time I had mono, I can't remember being sick for so long. It was no fun & I am happy to be done with it!! So, thank you for your prayers!! They worked...not that I was doubting!

-------------------------------------------------

While I was in Paducah a couple of weekends ago, my parents and I got in a conversation about how self-centered our country is getting. We were out at the mall & were commenting on some of the drivers out there. It is funny. When people have to stand in a line for a long time or sit at a light for a long time suddenly they are now more important than others. They have the right to turn in front of you because they have been waiting a long time. Or they will block the intersection because they deserve to get through that light instead of waiting for the next green light. I want to look at them and say, "Really? You're REALLY that important?" What is this country coming to? We have decided that because we have the "right" to do something we can. Our rights are bleeding over into other's rights, but it doesn't matter because WE have the right to do ___.

I pray that I can teach my daughter that she is not the most important person in the world. Sure, she's special to us, but no she does not get to have her way all the time. The world most definitely does not revolve around her. I hope that she will put others first and think about their feelings before she thinks about hers. I pray that she will be a humble person who does not expect to be the center of attention or have people to cater to her every whim. I also pray that there are other parents out there who are teaching their children the same. Otherwise, we will not be doing our children justice.

OK, I'm off my soapbox now. Sorry. Just needed to vent.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I COMPLETELY AGREE! Not long ago I was making THAT turn at the mall - trying to turn left to go back toward Home Depot. You know the spot. The cars turning from the mall toward the interstate just couldn't manage to stop turning when the light turned yellow . . . or even red. I sat through 5 lights waiting for an opening. By the time I was able to get across, the line behind me was backed up past the "on ramp" way up onto the interstate. I don't get angry often, but when I do, it's usually traffic related!

janjanmom said...

I bet Erik and I say to at least one of our children at least once a day(and sometimes to each other)-in jest, of course-"That is great because it IS ALL ABOUT YOU." We say it jokingly but they get the very real message behind it, selfishness is not OK. IT is so common everywhere that is spills into you mind before you know it and there it is.

Driving brings out everyone's worst little spoiled two year old temper tantrums. I figure most of them are running late on top of that selfishness which compounds the bad driving! The best people-watching is the stuck in traffic people watching.