God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, August 02, 2007

She crawled!!

Granted, it was the weirdest looking crawl I've ever seen. It was a combination between crawling with her feet and with her knees. But she got where she wanted. Since then, the toys have gotten a little further away to encourage her to keep crawling. And she is. She won't go very far--maybe a couple of feet or so. She is well on her way to getting into all of the things that I can see on the floor that need to be picked up!!

Things to do: put cabinet door safety locks on the doors, pick up crap off the floor, finish putting outlet plugs in, and figure out the rest as she gets into it! :-/ Oh how I wish I could anticipate it all, but I know that I will only be following her around going, "I didn't think of that. No, Sydney." Ha!

On a different note, she is definitely my daughter! My mother would say that there is no denying it. Last Saturday she learned how to pick up food & get it to her mouth. She's had the picking up part, but has been missing her mouth for quite a while. When she would miss, she would go on with something else. Now she keeps trying. She's got it down, too. AND she does not want mommy's help. If I try to put the piece in her mouth. She frowns, puts her head down, and shakes her head. If I put that very same piece in my hand, she'll pick it up and eat it. It makes me laugh inside and think, "Yep! That's definitely my kid."

No comments: