Disclaimer: I LOVE being a stay-at-home-mom!!!!
Staying at home has come as a challenge to me in one way. You don't get the job approval that you do in a paying job. In a paying job, there are certain tasks that you must perform. At least once a year you have a review in which someone tells you how you are doing at your job. Being a stay at home mom, you don't have that luxury. You just do what you think is right and keep your fingers crossed.
Well, this past Tuesday was Sydney's 9 month check-up with the doctor. She is weighing 19 lbs 1 oz and is 28 1/4 inches. Both are exactly average. The doctor commented on that and asked her if she's been reading the books and knew that's where she should be. That made me feel good. Then he told me that she is performing above her age and said "You must be working with her. It really shows." YES! I never get any confirmation of what I am doing! I was so excited!! Now, I'm not really saying this bragging on her or me. I haven't really been working with her. I just encourage what she starts. I have seen some moms who really work and come up with things to help their kids learn. I hate to say it, but I really haven't been doing anything like that. But it was good to hear that what I have been doing has at least not been hurting her!! My goal is to not screw her up too much!!! If I can accomplish that, I will consider it a job well done!! :-) Anyway, I thought I would share my sigh of relief with you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We (Sydney and I) just got back from Paducah. We had a great visit with Nini & Papaw and Gran & Pops. We even got to spend an entire afternoon with Grandma! It was a great few days. Tonight Daddy comes home! Yay!! I know we're both excited about it. Sydney has even learned to say "Hi Dada!" Now, it's not always when you want her to, but she can say it!! I just hope she'll say it for him tonight when we pick him up at the airport. I'm sure she won't. She never does anything on que. I guess another example that she's mine! :-) Babe, we can't wait for you to be back. We've missed you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment