God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Off the bottle

Here she's almost 3 months old.


Well, it happened. Sydney has now been off the bottle for two days. She really did it herself. I gave her a cup instead of the bottle Friday night & she did fine. So, Saturday morning we decided that would be her last bottle. :-( I didn't realize how sad it was going to make me. I felt silly for being so sad & Ryan made fun of me a little. But I was sad. My baby is growing up. I have always heard that they grow up fast, but I didn't realize just how fast. I'm sure there are some of you who are laughing a little. That's ok. And don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the new things that she will be doing. I am just sad that this stage is over. I really enjoyed this stage more than I thought I would. Although there were nights of no sleep, it was neat.



After our trip to Florida at the end of this month, the pacifier is going away, too. I've heard stories of how hard it can be if they still have it after they turn 12 months. So, we are giving ourselves a break & not taking it away before the 12 1/2 hour trip to and from Florida. As soon as we are back though, it is going bye-bye. I don't look forward to breaking that habit. It is going to be a hard one. Although she is only 9 1/2 months old, she is very attached to it. So, I'm sure yet again there will be sleepless nights. That's ok. We can always make up sleep.



Last night I noticed that we have another tooth that has broken through the surface!! That makes three! And the forth is on the way. I can see it just under the gums. That means that we will have two breaking through at the same time, while the other two (the bottom ones) are continuing to get into place. FOUR teeth moving at the same time!! Yikes!! I am very impressed with her. She has been in a relatively good mood with all that going on. I wouldn't be!



Well, that's the latest news! Hope you're all doing well!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I wish I had had a blog to record all the milestones too... journaling just never did it for me. This past Sunday, Rob Seifert mentioned that when his mom got ready for them to ditch the paci, she just cut the end of it off. He said a paci with the end cut off offers no gratification whatsoever, so the kids threw it out on their own. My kids would never use them, which is totally a mixed blessing, but this sounded like pure genius to me. Good luck!