God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Happenings...

I am so exited to have my parents here this weekend!! The anticipation has been building since April when I left. It is SO nice to have families that we both get along with. It is a HUGE blessing!! My mom had surgery almost a month ago & I am pregnant, so I don’t foresee long days of outings, but it will still be fun to just hang out with them. I have obviously really missed them.

The only thing that will be a downer is that my brother isn’t able to come with them this time (he has a good excuse). I’m not mad that he’s not coming. I’m just disappointed that I won’t be able to hang out with him. Sam will miss him, too. Hopefully we’ll be able to see him in September when we head to Paducah.

Speaking of our September trip to Paducah, it is getting very complicated to work out. Ryan will be in Korea with the Navy for part of August & we’re trying to plan the trip to Paducah right after he returns. But since he will not be going back to work, they may not let him have that much time off. We were really hoping to be able to be in Paducah together for about a week, but now it looks like it is just going to be part of a weekend and a few days the following week. It is definitely not ideal by any means! We’re trying to work it the best we can because I know if we wait until later, the risk is greater that the doctor will say I can’t go. AND…we have to figure out what to do with Sam since somebody (read: Nathan) moved from Abilene to KY! Oh well. I guess we couldn’t mooch off him forever! :-)

Now you have heard my excitements and dilemmas! That’s about all I have to tell. Life here has been a bit on the boring side besides our little one--that I have really felt kicking lately!! She has not been kicking to where Ryan can feel yet. I have felt it with my hand a couple of times, but of course she won’t do it again so that he can feel. We just may have a stubborn one on our hands. I can’t imagine where that would come from! ;-) It does tend to run in both sides of my family, so I guess she comes by it naturally. It will be neat to see if she keeps it up & if we’re reading her right or if she’ll have Ryan’s laidback personality. The anticipation is growing there, too!! I’m 22 weeks so only 18 to go!!

2 comments:

the Kimberlins said...

Well its good to keep up with whats going on, I feel like I haven't talked to you in sooo long. And even when I was home for a few days I was so exhausted and preparing for our next trip I wasn't all there. Its so exciting that you can feel her kick!!! I can't wait to start planning the shower. Love you and miss you tons!

Sara said...

Yeah! It is so exciting to feel her kicking! Hope you had a good time with you fam!

Sara