God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Thank you, Summer!!

Summer and I went to Babies 'R Us and Target this morning. She showed me things that I would need to register for when the time comes. I was SO relieved to have her go with me today. Ryan and I went to Babies 'R Us a few weeks ago, and frankly I was overwhelmed!! I had NO idea what the difference is in so many things. "Are they just brand differences, or are they really different?!" To have so many questions answered has me completely relieved about it all. That may sound strange, but it is completely unlike registering for a wedding!! You KNOW what you want and need there. Here, I had no idea. Obviously we will need bottles, but which?! Questions like that were keeping me quite anxious. So, to have most of those questions answered makes me feel so, so much better! THANK YOU, Summer!!!

3 days & hopefully we will know the sex of the baby!!! Yay! I just pray he/she cooperates this time! It will be fun to do either way.

While Summer and I were at Babies 'R Us, we ran into this lady that is 35 & having her 2nd child with her now boyfriend. Her 1st child is 15 years old. She was quite overwhelmed with knowing this child is coming & struck up a conversation with Summer and me. We all talked for about 10-15 minutes. It was quite evident in the conversation that she does not go to church. Does she believe in God? I don't know, but she was so lost. I don't mean that all people who don't go to church are lost and depressed. I know several that aren't. BUT this lady was. She was short of having a nervous breakdown or just flat crying. She never teared up, but she did spill her guts to two complete strangers. That just reminded Summer and me of how many babies come into this world in very stressful situations. It is sad really. It makes my heart break that she can't be excited about this miracle. I pray that God will heal her heart and work in her life. I'm sure He is already, but I just request a special prayer for this lady who really needs someone to lean on.

1 comment:

summer said...

i had a blast, too. thank you for asking me!
summer