God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Weight issues

My baby girl is almost a year old & I still have not lost the weight I set out to lose. That has me very disappointed in myself. For a while, I kept telling myself that it took me 9 months to put on the weight & now it will take time to get it off. I can't say that anymore. The biggest reason that I am so disappointed in myself is because I have not actively done anything but whine & complain. I have not watched what I have eaten...well, I watched it, I just didn't make sure it was healthy! No, I'm not insanely overweight. I weigh about the same I did when I came home from the hospital--a year later! So, I'm posting this blog to tell the world of my shortcomings in hopes that it will spark me to do something about this failure. I will keep you posted as to whether I develop the discipline that it will take to get my predetermined amount of weight off. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Michael, Brittany, Rylie, and Reagan said...

It is such a hard thing to do!!! I have the same struggle. With both girls, it was easier for me once they were older. Now, almost every morning we walk down to the park to play. The park is almost a mile from my house. Rylie and Reagan love it so much it motivates me to go. Rylie is old enough to ask to go. Stroller exercise is really big right now. I searched on the internet and found a lot of fast, easier things to do. We stop about every 10 minutes and do a different activity. The girls love it and that makes it fun. I haven't been weighing myself since I started, but after just a month, I have gone down over a size in jeans!!

Hope it helps!! I wish you were back in dallas. We could walk together!!

Stephanie said...

well . . . I'm DEFINITELY not the one to give you advice on this subject, but at least let me say that you are absolutely beautiful! Don't worry about it!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

It took me more than a year to lose the baby weight, and I was skinny before pregnancy. It just takes time, especially since that first year seems so overwhelming. Start by beginning a new "good food" habit and build upon it gradually. It's easier to succeed than making a lot of big changes at once. Good luck!