God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sydney's birthday weekend

The weekend started Friday night with Nathan coming in from Nashville. He played with Sydney & watched TV with me until it was time to go pick up a friend, Tricia, at the airport. I expected that he wouldn't want to go (not sure why), but was thrilled to have some sibling time in the car on the way to Louisville.

Tricia was coming for a wedding in Louisville, but I convinced her to stay with us & use our car. She thanked me for letting her do that, but what she didn't realize was that it was purely selfish. It just gave me more time with her. :-) Anyway, her plane ended up coming in late & then it took forever for her bags to come out. Once we finally got home, it was after 1 AM. We all ended up staying up until 2 talking. Sydney decided to join in the action, so although everyone else went to sleep at 2, Ryan and I were up until 3 trying to get Sydney back to sleep.
Saturday morning we visited until the grandparents arrived. I'm still not 100% sure why our 12 o'clock eating time ended up being after 2, but the food was worth waiting for. After eating lunch we sat around & talked before letting Sydney open her presents. She was a good sport even though she didn't really understand what was going on. After presents came CAKE! I was curious how she would react to the cake. She LOVED it!! Mostly, she loved the icing. She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough. It was cute.
All in all her birthday was a huge success. Although I was a little sad to see my baby days gone, I am excited for this new stage. I see other children who are just a little older than her & am excited to see her get to that stage. I'm not rushing it by any means. I'm still trying to enjoy where she's at right now, but when the time arrives, I will be happy then, too.

Sunday we went to early service so that we could get lunch & get Tricia to the airport on time. After dropping Tricia off, we came back & watched movies while trying not to doze off. My family traditionally took naps on Sunday afternoon...that's a hard habit to break!! Nathan headed back to Nashville late afternoon & I took a nap! How many times can a mom say that she got a nap?! It was nice. Sydney woke up 30-45 minutes after I got good & asleep, so my nap wasn't long, but I got one!
It was a great weekend. I am so blessed to be surrounded by wonderful family & friends. Thanks to all for coming & being apart of this day with us. We love you all!

3 comments:

summer said...

happy birthday sweet sydney!!! i would give anything to see you! love you,
summer

Stephanie said...

Though it's hard to see the baby days "gone", the toddler years are THE BEST!!!! Be sure to keep a journal of everything funny she says and does. You think you will remember, but you won't!

Tricia said...

I had so much fun seeing you! I only wish it could have been longer. Love you tons!
Tricia