God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday, Sydney!

Where to start?! One year ago today (ok, tomorrow) was one of the happiest days of my life! At 3:56 PM, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl!! She was absolutely perfect. With a wonderful crowd filled with friends & family, we welcomed her to the world. It was special, so special that I am having a hard time putting it into words. The first few moments when it was just Sydney, Ryan, and me were no short of magical.
Over the next few months, we watched her grow & started to see her happy personality develop. From being scared about her breathing the first few days, physical therapy for her neck, holding her head up on her own, sitting up, crawling, and now trying to walk, this year has been so amazing. God has given us this wonderful new way to love. He has pulled us out of the scary moments & brought us into some really joyful ones.


Tomorrow we celebrate her first birthday & it will be a happy day. We will have both sets of grandparents here as well as her great-grandma, and uncle. Although she will not remember this day, we will be celebrating the new addition that has been given to this family & the wonderful year that we have had with her.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy, happy birthday, Sydney! Such a beautiful little girl, with such a wonderful family! She is blessed!

I loved the way you said, "God has given us this wonderful new way to love." That is such a sweet way to refer to a love that's so unique you can't give it words. May God bless your family every day.

Michael, Brittany, Rylie, and Reagan said...

Hard to believe it has been a year!! Wish we could help you celebrate in person, but I was thinking about you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wanted to get her a big monkey that went crazy when you pulled on the string...it scared me the first time I did it, so Nathan decided maybe that wasn't a good idea. Give him the credit...