God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Favorite Time of the Year

I absolutely adore autumn. While living in Texas the last 4 years, I would ache during this time of year because I knew the trees in Kentucky would be turning beautiful colors & I wouldn't be able to see them. I would close my eyes & picture a tree in my front yard growing up. It turned the most beautiful yellow with a dark bark. I would smile every time I came home & saw it when I was growing up. It was gorgeous. So, over the last 4 years I have been pining to see these beautiful trees.

This year I was so disappointed because I thought with the dry summer that we had the leaves would surely fall & not turn the amazing colors they were meant to turn. Luckily, I was wrong! The trees around us are turning magnificent colors. Although it has been raining for what feels like forever, I can look out our sliding door & see the trees out back & smile. I have waited 4 years for this moment & I am loving every minute of it!!


This weekend I hope to get out & about to take some pictures of this area. If I get some good ones, I'll post them.

No comments: