God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Update on the little one

Although my little one cannot yet crawl (she's so close I can't stand it!), she can definitely get around. I am realizing that my world is getting ready to get so much more complicated! In just the past 30 minutes she has gotten to explore the bottom of her highchair, the kitchen table and chairs, buttons on the DVD player and all the other gadgets and lights under the TV, and the sofa. Granted, they are all in the living room, but she went from one end of the living room to the other all by herself. She has mastered the scoot. She can scoot herself while sitting up to get where ever she wants. She only stops when she gets tired. She also rolls over several times to get to where she wants.

The cutest thing lately is going into her room just after she's woken up from her nap or first thing in the morning. She positions herself in her crib so that she is holding onto the slats looking out. It looks like she's saying "Get me out of here!!". It's so cute!!

We are having trying days though. She's getting 4 teeth in at once. Her bottom two are halfway up. The top two are just swollen gums. You can see the teeth, but they aren't breaking the surface yet. I feel for her!! Having 4 teeth moving at the same time can't be fun! She's normally an incredibly happy baby. For the most part, she still is. She is just having her moments now. After I put the Orajel on her, she's fine. You can definitely tell when it's wearing off though.

Oh today she said "mama" for the first time!!! I do wish it was under different circumstances, but she said it none the less. She had been sitting in the floor playing and decided she wanted to be picked up. I was paying some bills and was trying to get finished when she started fussing. After a few minutes of fussing and me not responding she yelled "MAMA". I laughed and turned to her and repeated it. She smiled, but didn't say it again. And for those of you wondering, no I did not pick her up after saying mama. I gave her attention and she went back to playing. We have a hard time with her wanting to be held a lot, so I was not going to encourage a habit. It was neat to hear the word that I've been waiting to hear though. :-)

1 comment:

summer said...

yay!!!! july 31, 2007. a day to go down in the books!! love you. i had such a great time with you last week. i only wish it could have been longer!
summer