God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

My weekend

This past weekend took an unexpected turn. It wasn't a bad turn, but went quite a bit differently than I had expected the Monday before. On Thursday, Ryan found out that he would be with the Navy Reserves for the weekend. Since his parents were planning a visit that weekend, it put a kink in the plans to say the least. They decided to postpone their visit until they could spend the day with all of us. So, that meant Sydney and I were on our own for the weekend. I had decided just us girls would go to the zoo. Then I found out that Ryan would be working on school work the few short hours he was here Saturday night & working midnight Sunday night with his civilian job. He suggested we head to Paducah for the weekend instead of sitting in E-town trying to figure out something to do. When I called my dad Friday night to see what their plans were for the rest of the weekend, he said they were in Nashville & wouldn't be home until Saturday night. Instead of saying, "forget it, I'll stay here". I got up Saturday morning & didn't rush in.

I spent Saturday afternoon with my grandmother. It was so nice to just sit with her and talk. When I was growing up, my grandparents lived three doors down from us. There were many, many days that I would walk down to her house & just hang out. It is one of my fondest memories of Greenfield Drive. So, it was nice to have the afternoon to just be together.

Saturday night, my mom & I went to Wal-Mart while my dad kept Sydney. There I ran into a friend from high school. It was so nice seeing her and her little family! Her daughter is the cutest! Well...next to mine anyway. ;-) I don't think I've seen her since one of our other friend's wedding. It had really been a long time & was nice to chat for a while & catch-up.

Sunday was the day I got my "fix"! I was able to go to my home church. It is so hard living in a city & not having a home church yet. You feel so disconnected from the world. So, I was able to reconnect Sunday. They make fun of us for being in Paducah so much, but little do they know, right now they're my salvation...in more than one way! ha! I'm just thankful that I get to see them all so much & get to worship God with people who love him.

Sunday afternoon & was able to see Ryan's parents for a little while. It was nice for Sydney to get to see her Pops and Gran. I know she really misses them. After visiting them, we headed back to E-town. Normally Sydney is a WONDERFUL traveler, but last night...not so much! She slept the first 1/2 of the trip, played for the next 30 minutes, and then S-C-R-E-A-M-E-D for the next hour!!! I have heard parents talk about their kids not being good travelers! I don't know that I would go anywhere with her acting like she did last night!! I never could figure out what was wrong with her. I think she just wanted out of the car seat & to be held & was letting it be known! Oh well, most of my weekend was a good weekend!! Hope yours was good, too!

3 comments:

Sara said...

It was good to see you yesterday and see Sidney's big smile. Hope you guys have a chance to stop by the young couple's outing next weekend.

the Kimberlins said...

I am thankful you have a church to go to somewhere around there, I am sorry you haven't found one in E-town yet. we will be praying for ya'll. I love you.

janjanmom said...

We are so happy to have you whenever you make it!! I personally think you guys should drive up every week. You can stay with us if you ever need to. We don't have alot of room-but we have alot of love. ( :