God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

She waved!

Ok, so this is a blog that probably only I will enjoy, but I have to post it. Today Sydney and I went shopping. There were a few specific places that I had to go & hoped that I could get through them before she needed to eat or nap again. The first of my stops was TJ Maxx. I was in that store for quite a while shopping for every member of our little family. She was so good & didn't fuss at all. Actually, I think she is quite the shopper herself. She likes to sit in the cart & feel all the clothes as we go by. Anyway, back to my story. As I was checking out, the cashier was making over Sydney. As normal, she was smiling from ear to ear (I really do have a good child!). Then we started to leave the store & the cashier waved good-bye to Sydney. Sydney smiled, raised her arm, and moved her fingers. SHE WAVED! I was so excited!! (And thankful that the cashier has little children herself--so I don't look so foolish). I turned to the cashier and said, "She waved!! She hasn't done that before!" I think looked at Sydney and said, "You waved!! Good girl!" Sydney was looking at the cashier & me like, "Ok...I did something good. What was it?" I was shocked & surprised since we haven't really been working with her on waving. We definitely will be now!

I feel so silly about how I act when she accomplishes little things. I have never been a person that just screams with joy. But, when she does even the smallest thing, I begin to just act silly. I have always heard that having a child changes everything. It really does, and I love it!

3 comments:

janjanmom said...

Just wait until she poops in a potty and you squeal and dance like a crazy woman!! It is number one on the things I never thought I would do, squeal excitedly over poop.

Stephanie said...

. . . or the first time she says, "I wuv oo" and your heart melts into a puddle. . . or the first time she brings a boy home from college and says, "I think I love him."

Lesli said...

Yeah...I'm not looking forward to the college one, Steph!