God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Friday, October 27, 2006

She's here!!!


My baby girl is here!! She arrived Friday at 3:56 PM weighing 7 lb. 2 oz. and was 19 1/4 in. I haven't blogged about it because the days following her birth were extremely stressful & I was not home. She had breathing problems...rapid breathing. She also had a high white blood cell count--meaning it looked like she had an infection although they could never pinpoint what the infection was. They kept her in the nursery Friday night & it looked like she had gotten better by Saturday morning. We were able to keep her in my room on Saturday. It was great spending time with her. Saturday night while feeding her I noticed her breathing became rapid again & I called the nurse. She took her to the nursery and then decided to have a NICU nurse come monitor. They decided to take her to the NICU to monitor her overnight. Overnight turned in to being admitted into the NICU. I was terrified of what was going on with this precious child...terrified of what might happen. I cried and cried. The nurse then suggested that I take an Ambien so that I could sleep. Well...the Ambien, Lortab, baby blues, and exaustion did not mix well. I definitely turned into a crazy person! Poor Ryan had to calm me to get me to sleep. We spent the next two days visiting her as they would allow. On Monday night they released her to the pediatric floor where we stayed until Thursday at noon. Thursday (6 days after her birth) we finally got to come home!!! She is doing well now & we are very thankful!!
Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers during this time. We are grateful to everyone.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Welcome Sydney! I'm sorry you had such a rough few days; I know that was scary. I'm glad everyone is home and doing well, though I know it will be a while before you get to any semblance of "normal" :-). Congratulations, and hugs to the three of you!