God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

We hit another milestone

Yesterday marked the 6th anniversary since our 1st date. That night we went to church and then to Applebee's for dinner. At that dinner, we ran into an old girlfriend of Jon's (who I quickly understood why she was an old girlfriend!). She proceeded to scoot me over so she could sit down and talk to Ryan. I was quite annoyed, but tried to play it off. Later, I found out that Ryan was pretty annoyed as well.

Ryan and I had been talking over the phone, emailing, and talking in AIM since May. So, we had been in contact quite a bit, but this was the first date. I was more nervous for this date than I had ever been! We really seemed to click. He KNEW me. He could read me better than anyone ever could and yet we weren't even really dating. That had me quite vulnerable and I was so nervous about it. Anyway, the date went perfectly. He was such a gentleman.

Now 6 years later, he is still a gentleman and can read me like a book. I no longer feel vulnerable. I feel comforted. I don't have to act like anyone else. I can be ME! I am so thankful that he asked me out 6 years ago. We are a perfect fit. Love ya, Babe!

No comments: