Yesterday I went to the doctor and found out his "plan". While I was doing a test, he gave Ryan the low-down. Ryan was quite pleased with knowing before me so that he could rub it in a little bit. But I soon found out that the doctor said he would induce next Friday (20th) if I don't have her before. Yay! Only one week to go! I am so ready. I know everyone says the hard part starts after she's born & I fully believe them. I'm just so sick of being tied to this couch or bed! It gets old fast. I can't imagine having to be on bedrest for months. I had a friend that had that happen & she was so amazingly positive. I would go nuts!
Anyway, knowing that I have only one week left has started to make me quite anxious and nervous. I wasn't nervous at all until he told me that. I guess it is just reality that it is actually going to happen soon. I'm pretty good at handling things that are difficult emotionally or mentally. Physically, however, I'm not so good. I don't know anyone who enjoys pain, but I'm not a big fan. I so admire people who have had babies naturally, but that is not for me. I don't even have the desire to know how it feels! All of that to say that I am quite anxious.
So, next Friday keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Pray that I handle giving birth with grace & don't drive Ryan too crazy!! Most of all, pray that this little one has a safe arrival.
Thanks for listening!! Hope you all have a great weekend full of fun things to do! ;-)
3 comments:
Oh boy! I'm so excited for you. I wasn't on bedrest, but I had similar feelings when people would tell me to enjoy the extra days before Emily came. She was TWO WEEKS late, and it was Texas in June! I thought, "are you kidding me? I'm miserable!" You will be so glad when she gets here! I'll be praying for you.
its now t minus 3 days. i'm so excited for you. i can't wait to see her, hold her and develop our friendship even more through the commonality of parenthood. i love you, lesli.
oh I can't wait! It's still crazy after 8 1/2 months that you and Ryan are going to be parents! I am so excited for ya'll, and this will be another baby that John and I can play with but not take home ;)!
And it has been so fun hanging out with you, sorry I haven't come over more.
Post a Comment