We found out today that I will be induced Friday morning at 6 AM! I can't believe it. The time is almost here. There are a whole range of emotions going through my head! I'm excited, scared, nervous, anxious, ready, NOT ready, happy, elated, terrified, etc. You get the picture. Any emotion that I can possibly feel for any reason, I'm feeling it. Of course the emotions are based on all aspects of Friday. I don't look forward to the pain of labor, but I can't wait to meet my daughter. I'm thankful that family and friends will be here, but it makes me nervous & hope they will all get along. I'm ready to have her and get off this couch, but I'm terrified to come home & have us be alone to take care of her (Will I know what to do?!) I could go on and on, but those are probably the main ones. I have to say the main emotion that I'm feeling is relief. I'm so thankful that I have been able to carry her for 9 months & she is safe and healthy. I can't wait to have her in my arms & know for sure that she is healthy & well.
Please keep me and this little one in your prayers on Friday. Keep Ryan in your prayers as well. He will have a lot to deal with that day...me. Our families will be traveling, so please pray for their safety.
Thanks blogger friends for listening & praying the past 9 months!! I will post pictures as soon as we get them & I am able to.
Love you all!!
3 comments:
You will be so ready to take care of her it will shock you. After a day or two of "advice" and "tips", you will be EAGER to spend time alone with her. Enjoy the help as much as you can and then savor every moment!
Do not feel bad if you need to have the nurse "enforce" the rules and eject everyone from the delivery room. At some point you will be in a lot of pain and they might really get on your nerves. Whisper "send them away" to your nurse and she will. ( : I wasn't that way the first time, but with 2 & 3, I wanted it to be only Erik and I. (well actually Carol Ann Hank was in there with Lilly but she was just watching-not getting all in our business)
Family is a blessing and we want to share all we can, but sometimes it gets overwhelming. Of course, you may not feel any of that at all, but I sure did.
I am so happy for you!
Lesli you are such a blessing... your faith, spirit, love... they are going to be evident when it's the hardest. Sitting on this side of Friday, it is still plain to see your love for God and how He is going to carry you through... all and any kind of situation. Satan loves to mess things up for us... but it only allows God to fix it. Sydney is already ministering to her church's hearts and spirits... and we've only seen photos... imagine what she will do, face to face. She has your eyes that smile, and Ryans mouth to speak truth. What an amazing God we serve. I'm grateful for being able to watch your journey, and use your examples. Many, many prayers for you and Ryan, and especially for baby Sydney Kate. We love you all... lisad and the doolittles
How exciting... praying for your family!
Post a Comment