God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Aaand...she's down...

My blood pressure was back up at my doctor's appointment yesterday. The doctor sent me over to labor and delivery to have some blood tests done & to be monitored. My tests results came back fine and my blood pressure went down while I was there. If the test results had come back abnormally or if my blood pressure had not gone down, they were planning to keep me. I would either have a baby today or they would be running further tests & giving me different treatments. Thank goodness it went down! So, instead of being in the hospital I am at home on bedrest. As my mom said yesterday, I'm down for the count. If my blood pressure does not cooperate with me being on bedrest, they will induce pretty soon. If it does cooperate, they will probably induce in a couple of weeks. Instead of having 4 weeks left, it looks like I may only have 2!

Yesterday evening I was really upset about all of this. It is not at all how I wanted it to go, but who really wants to be put on bedrest?! There are several things I still have to do, but Ryan has kindly agreed to do them for me. I hate that he's having to pull all this weight by himself.

Anyway, there's the update from my last appointment. Hope you all are doing well!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lesli,
I know how you feel about having to be on bedrest. I was on it also, and the docs ended up taking Robbie 8 weeks early - not how I envisioned my pregnancy either. Just relax and enjoy the thought that your little angel will soon be here.

Cathy

Anonymous said...

i comp;etely understand,more than you know. its hard to rely on people when you are a control person!!! take comfort in the fact that you don't hav much longer to go. when i was on bedrest with anna, god really want me to hear a word from him. "Be still and know that i am God." enjoy the calmness and stillness. maybe God wants you to hear something too??!
love you,
summer