My birthday is at the end of this month. As a birthday present from Ryan, we are flying to Paducah at the end of March. He will only be able to stay in for the weekend because of work, but I'm staying one more week!! I'm so excited! :) This will be a great time for me to just hang out and relax. We got quite a bit of time at Christmas, but with having to do Christmas dinners & presents & seeing everyone when they needed to be seen, we really didn't get much relaxing in. So, this time I plan on taking it easy!
PLUS! My brother is flying in with us!! Nathan's birthday is the 29th, two days before mine. As kids we use to always have birthdays together. Whoever had the "big" birthday got to choose where we ate or what we did to celebrate. I have to admit, looking at other kids who had their "own" birthdays you would think I was jealous, but I wasn't. It was neat to have my brother and I celebrating at the same time. It was kind of like a mini-Christmas. Since he's been in college, though, we haven't had many if any birthdays together. So this year, I am excited to have a FAMILY birthday!!
My plan was to fly Nathan in and surprise my parents. Well...my dad decided that since Ryan and I were flying in, maybe Nathan should, too. So he called Nathan and told him to check on flights and see if he could get off. Nathan called me and said that he didn't think he could make Dad believe that he didn't want to go in or couldn't get off. So, I called Dad and let him know that we had already booked the tickets & he ruined the surprise. :) Oh well, we've both successfully surprised them with our arrival before. It will be nice just having us all in together. Now...I just have to wait! 4 more weeks!! Whoohoo!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
1 comment:
I am glad you spilled the beans. The 4 weeks of felling sad that his boy didn't want to or couldn't come home would have been a real downer!!
It will be good to see you again.
I think you are so much lighter and freer because you shared your story!! It helps to confess our struggles. It frees the load off of our shoulders. Enjoy your weightlessness my dear!
Post a Comment