The plan this weekend is to go apartment hunting. The apartments we live in are owned by the church & are planned to be torn down this year. There is no definite word yet on when that will be done, but as far as we know, it will. As of now, we have to be out by June 1st. So, we've started looking. Even if they give us more time, we may move anyway. Our electric bill during the summer months averaged $250 last year and didn't get below 80 at times! Needless to say, it is not an easy apartment to cool! I would much rather move in May or June than August or September!! That would be absolutely no fun...and moving isn't fun anyway! So, wish us luck in our endeavors!
I say "the plan" because it is not what I want to do on our weekend that we actually have together. Ryan spent last weekend in San Diego training with the Reserves. He spent the weekend before drilling at the base. Next weekend I'm off to a scrapbooking retreat. SO...that doesn't give me much motivation to spend this weekend looking at apartments. Hopefully we can do just a little Saturday & a little in a few weeks. That's "the hope". ;)
I pray everyone has had a good week & continues to have a great weekend!! Love you all!!
2 comments:
well, sorry you didn't find anything you loved. you will. you also have plenty of time. maybe the "right place" has not come available yet, but will be in the near future!! i am getting really excited about our retreat. actually, though i am excited i am a little not looking forward to it. the whole packing it all up and all that i will have to do when i return, but i usually feel that way and am always glad i went anyway!!!
summer
I'm the same way. I told Ryan that in someways I wish I wasn't going. But, I know I could use the rest & relaxing time. I'm probably going to take a book, too. My plan this time is not how much I get done but how much I enjoy my time!
Post a Comment