God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Friday, February 08, 2008

New Bed!!

Last night we converted Sydney's crib into a full-size crib. I didn't realize I would be emotional about it, but I was a little sad. It confirms that my baby girl is growing up. That part I'm ok with, it's how quickly time is flying that makes me sad. ANYWAY, here are a couple pictures, the before & after.

(We had already moved furniture around to prepare for the arrival of the mattress. So, this isn't exactly where the crib sat in the room.)


Here's the new bed! She absolutely loved it. As we were putting the mattress & box springs down, she would climb on them and crawl around like she just got a new favorite toy. Ryan made the comment that he didn't think he'd ever seen anyone quite so excited over box springs before!


As soon as Ryan gave her the OK to go back into her room, she ran up to the bed & climbed up. She immediately laid back & started drinking her drink. It was cute. It was like she knew exactly what it was.

Through the night, she did great. We wedged her crib mattress between the chair & her bed to keep her from falling out the first night. She absolutely loves her bed, so it looks like we made the right choice! :o)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

TOO MUCH FUN and so cute! (Sydney AND the bed!) Maybe this will be the solution to better sleeping ;o)

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! I love her pink quilt!

Nathan Anderson said...

Very cute! is she gonna be one of those pink girls?? haha! When is too early for me to get her a softball glove and basketball?? :o)