We went on Friday afternoon to look at a house & it was a D-U-M-P!! The lady met us at our car & warned us that it had not yet been cleaned. I wanted to say, "Then why in the heck are you showing it?!" After seeing what it looked like, even if the cleaning wizards came in & made it spotless & not stink, there would be NO way I would live in that place!! I am not as picky as you would probably think. My standards are: working, clean, in safe area. I do not have to have a top of the line place. I just want to know that it will work for us & be safe for our daughter.
With those standards in mind, we headed out Friday. As I said earlier, our first appointment did not meet those standards! It was in a safe place, but that's about all it had going for it. After leaving that house, I was very disappointed. Grasping at straws, we drove around to see if we could find any houses with signs in the yard. We found a couple and called on them. To my surprise, we lucked out and found a place that night!
It is an older home, built in the 50s. It has been taken care of & the inside has been remodeled. The bathroom & kitchen have were completely gutted & redone. They are brand new! It is a 2 bedroom/1 bath...a little smaller than we wanted, but has a big fenced in back yard & detached garage. With that being the case & the fact that it is cheaper than we are currently paying, we jumped at the chance. We get the keys in 2 weeks & can begin moving in.
I am so ready to be out of an apartment. Although this is not a house that we are buying, I think I'm as excited as if we were! I will no longer have to worry about Sydney being loud to those below & around us. Neither Ryan nor I will have to walk Sam in the cold or rain!! We can just open the door & let him go out! Plus, we will have a place for Sydney to play outside. I'm sure that to others this is a lot of rambling & not much fun info to read, but for me to write...I'm quite excited!
4 comments:
Just make sure Sydney doesn't "play" in the same place Sam "goes"!!!
I'm tickled for you! See you this weekend!
That's wonderful! I was thrilled too, when we moved to KY and into a real house (also a rental) with a real yard, instead of the duplexes and townhouses we had lived in for the past four years. Of course, we quickly outgrew the rental house, so caveat emptor :-)
Oh that's wonderful Lesli! I don't know about having a child, but it certainly makes a difference with a dog. I am still in amazement when I think about how much we walked Henry when we lived in the apartment. And even with all that walking, he still lost 3 lbs. when we moved into our house and finally he had a yard to run in. You're going to have so much fun and it sounds like an awesome place. Congrats!
Love,
Tricia
Great news for you guys...so glad you all were able to come last night!
See ya,
Amanda
Post a Comment