Life with the little one has been quite fun lately. She has started trying to repeat words back to us. Most of the time, she can't say the word exactly. However, she almost always has the tone correct. It is so cute to see & hear. She now can say: "mama", "dada", "gigi" for my mom, "naanaa" for Nathan, diaper, juice, "no", "no" for nose, "mou" for mouth, "mam" for Sam (our dog), and "momo" for Elmo. She can roar like a lion & quack like a duck. It's not bad for a 15 month old, if you ask me.
It is really cool seeing her learn these new things. She's actually beginning to start "conversations" with us. The other night Ryan got up with her. She started saying "diaper, mama diaper". Then she realized it was Ryan. He got her to lay back down (because he didn't know what her version of diaper sounded like). I got up and told him what she said. He changed her diaper. Afterwards, she quit crying & tried to go back to sleep. How cool is that?! She told us what she wanted!! It was a very cool moment in this mommy's night.
Another thing she has been doing is singing. She will sing all kinds of songs. No telling what she is actually singing, though! It is all in her language.
So, my days lately have been fun days of anticipating what cool thing she is going to do next. I thought I would share with you the joy that I have been experiencing.
Oh, and my spell check isn't working so please ignore any misspellings that might be in this blog. Thanks!! :-)
2 comments:
When Kacey was a year old she would say, "gooey pita". Took me a while to realize she was saying "drink please" (something like goowink peeeza). I don't know, but it's great when you start to decipher their toddler-speak!
That is so cute! I can't wait to hear her talk! And I'm glad I have a name too! :o)
Post a Comment