God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trip & Back Issues


Sydney and I were given the privilege to travel along with Ryan while he worked in Champaign, IL on Monday and Tuesday. We went to Paducah for the weekend to spend an early Mother's Day with his mom and drop Sam off at my mom's. Sunday afternoon we headed to Champaign. It was a 4 hour trip. Most of the scenery was pretty boring so I dove into my Mary Higgins Clark book (which I finished on this trip!). GOOD BOOK!! I love her! Anyway, back to the subject. We got in around dinner time at the hotel. We ate our dinner & hit the indoor pool. It was so fun to introduce Sydney to a pool. Since my grandparents had a pool & lived 2 doors down from us, most of my childhood memories involve a pool. So, it was nice to start some memories with her.

After our pool fun, we headed back up to the room to get ready for bed. Once we got in bed, my back started really hurting! It was weird because it was all of the sudden. I took as much medicine as the directions said I could taken and it still did not help. At midnight, Ryan went to the store and got me some sleeping pills. Finally, at 3 am I fell asleep!
Yesterday, Wednesday, I went to the doctor because the pain had gotten a little better since Sunday night, but was still there. She did an x-ray and said that I have two vertebrates that are closer together than the rest. She thought that *might* be causing the pain. She prescribed me some medicine to take at night & told me what to take during the day (since I can't be drowsy while taking care of my little one). If it isn't better in a few days she suggested that I find a family doctor (I went to an urgent care place because I couldn't get in quickly as a new patient with any other doctors.) and have an MRI done. There are several things that she said could be wrong--none of them fun! I just pray that this medicine helps & the pain goes away!!
All of that to say, our trip away was a good one, but it was overshadowed by this pain. No fun! At least Sydney and I got a change of scenery & were able to spend some fun time with Ryan. I love that now that I'm a stay-at-home-mom we can pack up and go with him! How cool?! All in all, it was a great trip! Thanks babe for letting us go! Love you!

1 comment:

summer said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. i hope it is easily fixed. that baby girl is growing and smiling so big!!! oh i love you guys and miss you.