God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

Wonderful, wonderful weekend


Friday we headed to Paducah. Not really knowing why we were going in, we decided to go anyway. Ryan's parents had too many commitments to see us that weekend, my grandmother was sick, my father was out-of-town until Saturday night, & my mom had to write a paper on Saturday!!! We didn't know about Ryan's parents & my grandmother until right before we left. Feeling a little unsure if we should go in or not, we decided to anyway. It was a WONDERFUL decision. Now, don't get me wrong, we would have loved to see Ryan's parents as well as my grandmother, but the weekend turned out to be a huge blessing.

On Saturday to get out of my mother's hair, we went to Land Between the Lakes. We drove for a little while & then chose to find a place to hike. Above are pictures of our hike. Sydney really enjoyed being out in the woods. We loved being away from the world. It was a P-E-R-F-E-C-T day--mid to upper-70's & not a cloud in the sky. Normally we wouldn't be able to make that kind of outing because we would have to see everyone in the short amount of time that we get in a weekend. I guess we could go anyway, but we would feel guilty while being out there. So, it was perfect...a perfect day with no guilt.
Saturday night Nathan & Sarah came in. They met us at Rafferty's for dessert. I was so thrilled to hear that they were coming. We had a great time at dinner.

The next day, Sunday, we went to church & then to the church picnic at Mike Miller Park. It was so great to be around the Reidland crowd. Reidland will always be my safe-haven no matter where I am. It was nice to be around everyone. And the weather again was perfect...a little windy at first, but when the wind died down, it was GREAT!

I have to say that this past weekend was exactly what I needed. With the move & all, I have been quite blah lately. Now...I'm back! I am upbeat & looking forward to each day. It was defitely the pick-me-up I needed!

No comments: