God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

Better outlook

I woke up to a much refreshed look on life today. No, I didn't automatically wake up & think happier thoughts, but I did keep telling myself over & over that things are going to be ok. I'm actually starting to believe it...

I didn't want to say in my last blog what all was going on because we hadn't had the chance to tell family yet and there are some people who read my blog & fell the need to run to family members & tell them. It is like they get a kick out of knowing before my family does...which hurts my family's feelings (rightfully so!) So, I have learned my lesson & have started holding off on new information until all the appropriate people have been told. Sometimes that's good, and sometimes it stinks because I am not always able to write what I feel. Oh well. People are selfish by nature I guess (not family...others).

I was upset the other day because Ryan found out that his company lost their only account in the DFW area!!! Naturally, I began to panic and think of every bill that we can't cut out. Ryan stayed calm & level-headed about it all...thank goodness!! Things are looking up though. He has been contacted by a supervisor for the company that is taking over the account. Hopefully he will be picked up with that new company & there won't be any lags in pay. If not, I'm sure God has the plan we are intended to take. I just need to have faith & sit back & watch what doors he opens.

So many times in my life I forget that I am not in control. When things are going well it is easy for me to think that it is us who are paying our bills. It is never us. It is always God who provides...I just tend to forget. Maybe all of our "troubles" lately are just reminders that he is in as much control today as he was yesterday and the day before. I wish I could remember these things so that he wouldn't have to remind me! ;-)

I have also realized that our whole life is a test. I use to say that the trials are times when we are tested. I don't believe that to be entirely true. We are constantly tested & are probably more tested during the good times vs. the bad times. It is easy to look to him when times get tough. It is harder when things are running smoothly.

"Thank you, God, for putting food on our table, roof over our head, and people to love. May I NEVER forget that you are in control of my life. I completely trust you to take care of us and provide as much tomorrow as you did today. I anxiously await what doors you are opening as I see these doors closing. I love you & put my family in your hands."

Thanks to all who have been praying. Please continue to do so. Maybe pray that I won't be so stubborn to learn next time! :-)

2 comments:

janjanmom said...

I came by to "catch up" as I am way behind on reading. Sorry to hear about the job thing...I have a friend here going through the same thing, they-like you-are trusting God to carry them through.

I tend to be a "realist"(I refuse to type that other word) as well. Sometimes you just want to process the facts and it really makes you forget the blessings. God is good and faithful, quick to remind us.

I am also REALLY sorry to hear about the blog blabber...I am scared to death it could have been me, I am sometimes a blabber mouth, I sure hope I have never done that...I don't think I ever have but I assure you I am beyond sorry if I ever have!! Give me a lashing if it was me!

janjanmom said...

Whew! I am relieved!