God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

Thoughts at the moment

While growing up, I heard many women say that being a stay-at-home mom wasn’t easy. I heard them say how hard it was to feel equal to a husband who has a paying job. That when times were tough financially, it made it hard for them because they would feel responsible for the hard times. I COMPLETELY relate to that now. I am not a full-time stay-at-home mom. I have a part-time paying job, but we have had to cut back quite a bit so that I could stay at home part-time. I know that we could save more money and be better off financially if I was working full-time. So, right now I am dealing with those emotions.

I’m also trying to figure out who I am. I know that sounds silly. But, just like getting married was an adjustment, becoming a mom is too. I LOVE my little girl. She’s the greatest thing! I don’t mean any of this in a bad way. I’m just trying to figure out how this new aspect of me fits in to the old me. It is not sounding on this blog like it does in my head. Hopefully those of you who have been here before will understand what I mean. Those of you who haven’t, just know I love my little girl & am figuring out this new path that I’m on.

As for the 4 days a week that I get with her, they fly by!! I guess it is true that time flies when you’re having fun! Right now, she’s hitting Ryan in the mouth while he acts like he’s going to eat her hand. Either she’s telling him to hush or having fun! They’re cute together…off subject. Sorry. Anyway, I wish those days with her would slow down a little. They probably never will.

I hope the rest of this week flies by. I can’t wait to see family this weekend in Paducah!!!

Oh, we are boarding Sam (our dog) at the PetSmart Hotel. The only reason that we are boarding him there is because he goes to the vet at PetSmart. Anyway, one of the things they offer as a free service is a Phone booth. Because they know how much you miss your pet while you’re gone, they will allow you to call and check on them. When you call, they will go and get your pet, take him/her to the phone booth & let you talk to him!!!! They said they know that hearing your pet meow or bark will let you know that they are ok. How crazy is that?! Do you think people actually use it? Ah…our society. If you are one of those that would call in…please forgive me for not understanding.

Sorry for the long blog today. Thanks for reading it all if you got to this point!

3 comments:

the Kimberlins said...

Well as much as you enjoy your time I home I find myself waiting for the 3 days you are in the office.
I haven't been where you are at yet but I understand finding who you are again as becoming a mom adds such an big role into who you are.
It was so great to have lunch with you, I always love spending time with you and with sydney.

summer said...

well, you know i totally get it since we've had that conversation before for my behalf before sydney even came along. you' figure it out, but somehow you change and whether you like it or not, you will never again be known as just lesli. you wil be sydney's mom and ryan's wife and though its not a bad thing it does take some getting used to. most days i am content being micah, anna, and bekah's mom and bret's wife. but there are days when i long to be me by myself. i think its natural. so don't feel like you are wrong for struggling to find out who you are now. you know how much i love staying at home and my mkids and husband. and i feel taht way, too. you will find your way to yourself again. i promise!!! love you,
summer

janjanmom said...

I had a rough adjustment when I found out I was pregnant with Erika(#1). I cried alot because I didn't want to be a mom. I look back on that and know it is because I had no idea the rewards involved with getting a "kid loan" from God. It is humbling and the best schooling in life I have ever gotten. While I have lost the "old" me, I am pretty sure the "new" me is much closer to where God wanted me to be. Also, as I look at people like your mom and dad-I know there is plenty of time for me later.

OH yeah, See YA NEXT WEEKEND!!!