Today is Ryan and my 5th anniversary!!!! I can't believe it has already been 5 years. Time has flown. It has been the best 5 years of my life. Even in the hard times when he was thousands of miles away, I knew it was temporary & he would be coming home. To see his love of country and love for me is amazing. He is such an amazing man. I could go on and on how great of a husband he is, but I would never be able to do him justice. So, I'll ask you to trust me. He's the best husband on the planet! I thank God that he chose me to be his wife & the mother of his child.
Over the course of our relationship I have seen God's hand. Of course His hand was obvious at our wedding. There is no way our wedding could have come off how it did without God's hand in it. After Ryan returned from Bahrain, we moved to Texas. That wasn't our 1st choice in places to move, but we went. We had faith that it was a door being opened for a reason. Looking back, it has God's fingerprints all over it. We have grown so much as a couple since we have been here. Sure, it's been hard being away from family, but it made us look to each other instead of other people. That was probably more how I grew than Ryan. It has made me turn to Ryan with our struggles (financially, or however) instead of turning to my parents. No offense to my parents! Ryan and I still turn to them for advice if we are stuck and don't know what to do. But now I turn to Ryan first.
The two times that Ryan was overseas I saw God more clearly than I ever have...especially this last time. I have never seen Him with such clear eyes before. He truly lifted me when I was down. He kept me strong in a city with no blood family. He gave me awesome Christian friends to be my family. And, he made Ryan and my relationship stronger through the struggles.
But most recently a friend showed me how God has worked. It is a small yet big way that I had not seen. One of our cars broke down several weeks ago. The transmission needs to be replaced! Ouch! That hurts the pocketbook! But, by the end of the same day that the car broke down, we found the money to pay for the transmission. We knew it would take a few weeks before we could start the process of getting it fixed, but at least we would be able to fix it. We fully believe that God provided that money. More than providing the money, He has made it to where Ryan has been in town when he was scheduled to be out of town. Over 10 weeks beginning at the end of August-beginning of October, Ryan was scheduled to be out of town 7 weeks. We were NOT looking forward to that! Now that we only have one car & the doctor doesn't want me out and about much Ryan has had to stay home. We've enjoyed the time together--the car rides to work and home. It has been nice. I was worried that we wouldn't get much time together as a couple before the little bambino arrives, but God has provided that time for us. AND...Ryan was supposed to be out of town today on our 5th anniversary! He is working today, but he will be home tonight. Our last anniversary as only a couple and he will be home. THANK YOU!!! We have spent enough anniversaries, birthdays, etc. apart. I'm glad that He allowed us to have this one together.
"God, you have provided me with a man who I can be so proud to call my husband, a man that my daughter can be proud to call him dad. Thank you. Thank you for being active in our marriage and in our lives. There are times that You could have left us alone & not made us stronger but You chose to strengthen us--whether by struggles or high times. You have never left our side. Thank you for being an active God who is willing to be in our lives...not just when we call but all the time. You are there even when we don't think to call out for you. You have made our marriage so much more than I could have ever asked or imagined. You have given me a partner in life who is more than I ever dreamed. May we always remember to look to you daily in our personal lives and together in our marriage. Through Christ we pray, Amen."
Baby, thank you for making the last 5 years the best of my life. I look forward to the rest of our lives together.
LOVE YOU!!!!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary to you! I remember the happy frenzy of your wedding... it's fun to share in the important milestones of our lives with each other. God bless you both, and baby too!
It is amazing how the past five years have been. I know we have had our ups and downs. Who hasn't? That is part of marriage that allows it to grow and mature.
I love you with all of my heart. We have so many more years together. I am so excited about that. Love you, baby!
Post a Comment