God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just What the Doctor Ordered

I hadn't realized until I was driving down that I had never left both Sydney & Ryan. Typically when I leave Sydney with someone, it is because I am spending some quality time with my hubby. This time, it was just for me. I have to say that I felt very selfish while driving to Nashville. I told myself that I really needed the time away with some friends to recharge, but I didn't really realize how true that was.

Summer and I stayed up talking until 3:15 AM!! If that doesn't tell you that friends are happy to see each other, I don't know what does! We finally got so tired we couldn't figure out what we were saying. So, we decided it was time to go to sleep.

The next day, we all went to Cracker Barrell for brunch...ok, it was lunch time, but it felt like brunch to us! :o) After brunch, we went to Opry Mills. Shopping with 3 other girls = fun! We had a blast! We would all try on clothes if one person was going to try something on even though we knew we weren't going to buy anything. A lady even asked us if we were sisters or just really good friends. Isn't that awesome?! We haven't all been together since Ryan and I left TX over a year ago & we are still close enough that someone could mistake us for sisters.

Friday night, Summer left. That was hard because we had only been with her for 24 hours. It was great having her for that small amount of time, but it had us all craving for more time. Crysty, Tricia, and I went to Olive Garden to treat ourselves since we were feeling sad. For me, it was a great treat! Ryan and I never go there because it is a quiet restaurant & my daughter doesn't really know how to be quiet.

After dinner, we went back to Tricia's sister's apartment (Thanks, Jennifer, for letting us crash there while you were away!!!!). We stayed up & talked, but crashed a little earlier. It was great spending quiet time with the gals.

Saturday we ate more, shopped more, and laughed more. Tricia and I dropped Crysty off to ride home with Summer. After that, we shopped a little until I had to head to Paducah.

It was such a refreshing time with people who know and love me. I had never really experienced what a true friend was until I went to TX. Thank you girls for being such an amazing support to me. I can't wait until the next time we are all able to get together!! LY!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you had a good trip. What a blessing to have such good girlfriends! Love you.

Sara said...

Good for you! That is so cool.