God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Friends

Leaving Texas was a very hard thing for me to do. One would think that moving closer to family would be a piece of cake for me since I am such a family gal. But no, it was terribly difficult. I was thrilled to be getting closer to family for me and for my daughter. The difficulty came because I left the best friends that I have ever had. I had never been able to be myself around other girls before TX. I feel like most won't open up & be themselves, which to me typically equals fake. I had 3 friends with me in an prayer group that really allowed themselves to be vulnerable & open up about their wants, desires, fears, struggles, etc. They allowed me to be me. I never once had to act like someone that I'm not. You just don't find that very often. So, when we moved there was the mommy in me that was thankful that my daughter would know her grandparents. Then there was me...Lesli...the one who wanted to selfishly say, "We're staying!!" 

As you all know, the mommy won over & we moved. I have now been living in KY for a year & 3 months. I am thankful for my decision because my daughter LOVES her grandparents, aunts, & uncles (and soon to be cousin!). We made the right decision, but that doesn't mean that I don't miss my friends terribly. 
Me with Tricia

Today is a special day. All four of us are meeting in Nashville for a girl's weekend!!!!! We will all get there about bedtime tonight...which means we will be terribly exhausted tomorrow since it is a given that we won't go straight to bed. :o)  We won't get long all together, but at least I'll be able to be in their company for a few days.

Summer, skinny me, & Crysty

Thank you Summer, Tricia, & Crysty for being such amazing friends. Even though we've been apart for over a year, you still are as close to me as you were the day we left. I can't wait to be with you this weekend & will cherish every moment! 

Now, I don't want you to mistake me to say that these were my only good friends in TX. That is SO not the truth. I had another friend that was like a sister to me. I also miss her terribly. She also, has girls that are really close to Sydney's age. I wish so much that Sydney could have grown up with them. That is a playdate that you don't have to worry about! She is a great mom & they are great girls! I miss you, too, Brit!! One of these days we'll have to meet in the middle with the girls. :o)

I will post again after the weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend, too!!! 

4 comments:

Kacey Leigh said...

I sincerely hope that "cousin" remark was not directed at me. Because if it was, the answer is firmly, "NO"! Sydney will be at least 7 years older than her cousin(s). :)

Sara said...

Oh fun! I hope you have a great time.

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU TOO!!! I think it makes it a little bit harder too since the girls are so close. I am definately up for meeting in the middle. That sounds like a blast.

Lesli said...

No, Kac. I'm talking about my other sister-in-law. You guys need a little time to be a married couple first. ;o)