God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

Hard days

When we headed back to TX from KY at the beginning of this week, I knew the days that followed would be hard days. Boy, I didn’t realize just how hard they would be. Today is my last day at PRCC as an employee. That thought alone is hard to take in. The staff here has been so good to me and my family. They truly care about us & our lives. It is so amazing to be apart of this staff. But today, I’m saying good-bye. Ah…how incredibly hard.

I had a minister write in my birthday card that if our paths never cross again on this side of heaven, he looks forward to spending eternity with me & my family. Wow! It honestly had not entered my mind that some of these people I may never see again! I have been sad about my friends (who I will visit, email, call, & read blogs), but I had not thought about those that I just casually see on Sunday mornings, ministers who might move off one day, or ladies who made me feel so welcome when I first came to PRCC. I guess I thought that I would see them, too, when visiting. But just as easily as we are moving away, so could they. After I read his note, it took all I had not to just ball my eyes out! I am comforted that we will meet again though.

My mother was wonderful to tell me when I was small (and that is sincerity not sarcasm) that life is not fair & no one said life would be easy. I am very thankful to her for teaching me that at a young age. I’m not exactly sure why I take comfort in it, but I do. Life is not easy & it certainly isn’t fair. BUT, life is good. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful little girl, wonderful family, friends who I will love from a distance, money to keep food in our bellies & a roof over our head, and most importantly a god who loves me more than I can imagine.

So, this week is a hard one & I suspect the days ahead will get harder, but I am strong. I will make it & so will my friends. They are so much stronger than they give themselves credit for! I look forward to seeing how God uses this change for the better.

4 comments:

janjanmom said...

We are all stronger than we give ourselves crdit for!! God keeps working on us every day of our lives, pruning and perecting.

You and Summer are both in my prayers as your friendship transitions again.

janjanmom said...

Whew! I should have proofread!

Julie Anne said...

Hi Lesli,
Please let John and I know if we can do anything to help you guys out when you get to E-town! I feel wierd posting my phone # on the internet, so please email me if you'd like our #, clear2venus@yahoo.com

Julie Thompson

Anonymous said...

You were a blessing to our staff. I enjoyed working with you. It was great having a admin. assistant who enjoyed being a part of my ministry. You, Ryan, and Syd will all be missed. But I echo the word's of the card. If we don't see you all again, we will in heaven.

God Bless All of You,
Farland