God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Elizabethtown...The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

We found out today that Ryan is definitely being transferred to Elizabethtown, KY!!!! I am so excited & anxious. It will be so great to be 3 hours away from family. We will be able to get in for weekends & will be able to see our siblings when they are visiting parents. How great! I am thankful that Sydney will be closer to her family.

I am very anxious (in a bad way) about leaving my friends. I honestly have had better friends here in TX than I have had in my life! They allow me to be me & still like me! I can express my feelings and say what I think without fear of judgment. How amazing is that?! Plus, they are the most wonderful, kind-hearted Christian women. They are great examples how to be a Christian wife, mother, and friend.

To the three women who have been in my life to encourage me, strengthen me, laugh with me, and cry with me:

Thank you. You have made me a better person because of your faith in God & faith in me. I love each of you & it is going to break my heart to leave you. Maybe someday the universe will be kind & put us back together. Until then, know that you have been family to me (and I don’t use that word—family—lightly). You will always be seen as my sisters.

Now that the tears are streaming, I will ask for your prayers. Pray that God will have his hand on this move & his hand on our hearts as they are breaking.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Lesli! We will absolutely miss you at PRCC! I wish I had gotten to know you better, but each bit of you that I do know, I love! When does this move happen?

Lesli said...

We move the last week of this month. Ryan starts in KY on Apr. 2nd.

Sandy said...

How exciting!! We were thrilled when we got to move to KY to be closer to family too. But I know Summer will miss you, so I am sad for her :-(

summer said...

thanks sandy for being sad for me.--i am sad, but i know it is a good move for them.