I had one of our ministers tell me shortly after she was born that you fall in love with your child more and more each day. I didn't have a huge bond with her at birth. I expected to be so overwhelmed. I was in ways, but not like I thought I would be. So, that day I took comfort in his words. I now agree. Each day I am with her (and probably even if I was away from her) I fall in love with her more and more. She really is the best thing that has ever happened to either one of us.
I can't believe she is 8 weeks old today! She will be 2 months in 5 days!!! Wow! Time sure does fly. Here are a few pictures of her lately.


Christmas will be here in 10 days!! I can't wait! Normally at this point I'm running around trying to finish getting presents & thinking of packing, but this year I don't have as many to buy for and family is coming to us. After going in at Thanksgiving, I am glad that family is coming here. It was GREAT seeing everyone, but it was a little stressful being in someone else's home (of course, they were my parents but still...) and having a screaming baby at night. It is one thing for her to disrupt our sleep in our home, but I hated that she was waking up my brother & parents. Plus having to pack everything she might need and enough of it was crazy! It was a lot of fun being in, but I'm glad we'll have a little time between visits.
I can't wait until family gets here. We get the chance to be with our families only a few times a year. So, the times that we do get we cherish. It will be fun to have them all here even if it is for a few days.
Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the lights, music, and spirit that it brings. You see people being nice to others just because. Sure, there are some that aren't but as a whole our spirits are lighter and more positive of what the new year can bring. I just wish we kept this type of generosity and love throughout the year. What a much better place we would be.
To you all (since this will probably be my last post before Christmas), I wish you the best this Christmas. May these days be filled with wonderful memories to be cherished for years to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment