God has blessed me much more than I could ever deserve. I hope to live my life in complete praise to Him--the One who has given me everything.

Pages

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nerve-wracking 48 hours

For the past 48 hours I have been having contractions. I woke up to them Sunday night. Although I didn’t realize what I was feeling were contractions, they were coming quickly. After they slowed, I was able to go back to sleep. Monday morning I called my doctor’s office. The nurse sent me to Labor and Delivery where I spent 4 hours while they monitored me.

My GREAT friend Crysty took me since Ryan was in Tyler, TX (2 hours away). As Ryan was heading back to DFW, Crysty sat with me and kept me company. She really made the time pass quickly. They let me go & told me that I could go back to work as long the contractions didn’t come quickly. Since I had two contractions at the hospital on the way to the car, I felt it was best to not go to work but to go home and rest. So, I spent the night resting on the couch. My contractions lessened to once an hour or so and have stayed that way or lessened even more at times.

I went to the doctor today. He gave me the “all clear”…well, sort of. I can continue working with no bedrest. Thank goodness! AND I can go to Paducah this weekend. He wasn’t jumping up and down for our trip, but said that he didn’t think strongly enough about it to tell me to stay here. So, I’m allowed to work. I am not allowed to exercise or do any activities beyond working. Basically I have to take it easy when I’m at home & keep my feet up. That I can do! That is so much better than full-time bed rest!

Since this has happened, I will be heading to the doctor once a week so they can keep a closer eye on me. He said that we will take it week-to-week. That is ok, too. I know that I have to watch what I do & really take care of myself for Sydney’s sake. And, I will do all in my power to keep her safe.

Please keep the two of us in your prayers. Pray that she will come once it is time & she is ready. Also pray for wisdom for me to know when to stop & not do anymore.

I hope this blog finds you all doing very well & having a great week!! J

2 comments:

summer said...

i'm glad everything has worked out well so far. i love you and am praying for you and sydney and ryan everyday.
summer

the Kimberlins said...

You are in my prayers too, and thanks, I think you're a GREAT friend too. It was actually fun other then the scary emergency part. :) And I think since you have to take it easy now we should have a girl's movie night at your house! I'll bring the sweets.